Hooray! I’m finally done with this project and I’m ready to share my Craft Room Reveal! It’s taken much longer than planned, but I’m thrilled with my new organized Craft Room. I’m happy to say that I stayed under the $100 budget, too.
If you missed my first three Craft Room posts, you can still catch up below! (Yes, I missed week #3 LOL)
If you’re new here, the $100 Room Challenge is hosted by Erin from Lemons, Lavender and Laundry twice a year. She and a group of DIY Bloggers update one room in their homes in one month with a budget of just $100. You can read more about the challenge HERE.
Before we get to the Craft Room reveal, let’s take another look at how the space looked pre-makeover. Remember this?
The hardest part of this challenge was sorting through and organizing all of my stuff. I took everything out and put it all in piles around the room to assess what I had. Then I categorized the piles of items to determine how they would be stored.
Please excuse the poor quality photos…it was dark and rainy out that day! From there, I made note of how many storage containers I needed. I shopped my house first and rounded up a few that I could use. I decided to use all clear storage bins so that I can see the contents and to give everything a unified look.
I spent most of my budget at Walmart…I bought 2 large bins and 8 small bins. I also purchased a floor shoe organizer for my spools of ribbon and an over the door shoe organizer for my cans of spray paint.
Here’s the full length view of the shelves to the left of the daybed. Before, everything was randomly stuffed on the shelves and the fabric was a mess!
The bottom shelf holds my sewing machine and notions as well as buttons and a bin of shells and pinecones. The shelf above has glitter, embroidery floss and yarn, my bow maker, skirt maker and my largest bin…miscellaneous craft stuff.
The middle shelves hold my (now) neatly folded stacks of fabric.
The top bin has all of my wreath forms.
Here are the shelves to the right of the daybed.
The bottom bin holds items that I’m planning to work on for the blog and/or my antique booth. This is the only bin that doesn’t look very “tidy”.
Above are two large bins with paint and painting supplies.
The two middle shelves hold string and twine, birds, nests and eggs, tools (scissors, staplers, etc), felt, pom poms and feathers, glue and hot glue guns, and rope, jute and burlap. I put all of my thread into a vintage fish bowl. It may not be the most practical, but I love how it looks! I have mini decorative items (animals, Christmas, bridal, etc) in the two small storage drawers.
The top shelf has Christmas decor and floral arranging supplies.
My new Cricut Maker has it’s own desk. I can’t wait to learn how to use it! I’d love to make some labels to replace the ones I did with a Sharpie.
The shoe rack works great for ribbon storage! I thought it wouldn’t be large enough, but instead I have space to spare. I tried to arrange the ribbon by color.
I set up my chalkboard with tasks to accomplish each day of my work week. This space will be an evolving work in progress as I’ll regularly add new items for inspiration.
I still have plenty of space in the dresser! I just used two drawers for stencils and faux florals.
I put the shoe organizer on the back of the door…I have more spray paint that needs to come up from the basement.
Here’s the breakdown of what I spent on my Craft Room Reveal:
- 2 tension rods – $6.34
- 2 (12) quart storage bins – $17.96
- 8 small storage boxes – $10.96
- over the door shoe organizer – $4.88
- floor shoe rack – $36.94
TOTAL (including tax) : $81.57
I hope you enjoyed my craft room reveal! What seemed like an overwhelming task wasn’t bad once I got started. If you’ve got a messy craft room, take it from me…you can get it organized! I’m so glad I took on this challenge. Many thanks to Erin from Lemons, Lavender and Laundry for once again coordinating the $100 Room Challenge 🙂
Now, don’t forget to check out all of the other $100 Room Challenge project reveals below!