Decorate your home for Fall with this simple to make, adorable and very budget friendly DIY acorn garland!
I’m thrilled to be reunited with my blogger friends from the Thrifty Style Team! We’ve teamed up again to bring you some thrifty Fall craft and home decor ideas. Many thanks to my friends Michelle from Our Crafty Mom for organizing the hop and Julie from Redhead Can Decorate for designing our collage. Be sure to check out all of the projects at the end of this post for plenty of Fall inspiration!
How to Make an Acorn Garland with Dollar Tree Items
- Acorn ornaments (Dollar Tree)
- Glitter in a Fall palette (Dollar Tree)
- Jute Twine (Dollar Tree)
- Glue (I used a small bottle of Mod Podge from Dollar Tree)
- Small paint brush
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Attach a strand of jute to the back of the acorn with hot glue.
2. Wind the jute tightly around the acorn.
3. Add random small dabs of hot glue to the sides and middle of the acorn to help hold the jute in place.
4. Stop winding the jute when you’re about halfway done. Cut the jute strand and secure in back with hot glue.
5. Measure individual strands of jute to cover the rest of the acorn. Hot glue the strands in place until the bottom of the acorn is covered.
6. Now you’re ready to add glitter!
7. Brush glue onto the acorn cap.
8. Sprinkle glitter onto the top of the acorn until it’s covered.
Voila! Now, just string onto jute twine and you have a decorative acorn garland.
This would look so cute across a mantel or over an entryway mirror. The glitter really makes them pop!
Now it’s time to check out what my thrifty friends have been up to. Enjoy!
|Redhead Can Decorate
|Our Crafty Mom
|Simple Nature Decor
|The How-to Home
|Zucchini Sisters (you are here)