It’s getting closer to Christmas every day! Have you taken out any of your Christmas decor yet? I used to wait until after Thanksgiving, but now that I’m a DIY Blogger, I start earlier. This is so fun and easy to make! It would also make a great gift. Let me show you how I did it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A piece of plywood (mine is weathered and measures 10 & a half x 15 and a half)
- A sheet of holiday music of your choice (I got mine from a tag sale book of sheet music)
- White Chalk Paint (I used Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint in Fluff)
- Black craft paint (Or whatever you have on hand)
- Mod Podge
- Paint brush, stencil brush and a brush for the glue.
- Stencil of your choice
- Glitter in color of your choice (Mine came from Dollar Tree)
Paint the plywood with white paint. I used somewhat of a dry brush technique as I wanted the weathered wood to show through. If you’re using raw wood and want a similar look, paint first with black paint and let dry. Then paint with white chalk paint, let dry and distress with sand paper.
Carefully tear the edges of the music sheet on all sides. This step is optional, but I think it gives it a nice rustic look.
Stencil your design onto the music sheet. It’s fun to choose a stencil that goes along with the song. Make sure you offload most of the black paint onto a piece of cardboard before dabbing the stencil brush onto the stencil. I tried to choose places on the music sheet where the words wouldn’t be covered up. Make as many or as few stencils as you wish!
Position the music sheet on top of the plywood and center it if you like. Dip the glue brush into the Mod Podge and brush it onto the music sheet. I ended up brushing some glue under the music sheet too. Do your best to flatten out the creases on the wet paper with your fingers. I chose not to use a spreader because I didn’t want to tear the paper. A few creases just give it character 😉
Sprinkle glitter onto the sign. You may need to reapply some Mod Podge. I chose blue glitter to give it some color. And that’s it!
I hope you like my Holiday Music Sheet Sign. I styled mine on the mantel, but you could also hang it on a wall or a door.
More Christmas Decor Ideas
- DIY Neutral Pom Pom Holiday Wreath
- DIY Boxwood Style Holiday Tree
- Luminaria Lights for Christmas Eve
Until next time!