My easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food! Prepare it in the morning before work, and you’ll have a hearty meal ready when you come home!
I must admit…I don’t eat a lot of red meat. I don’t care for steak, and I’ll choose a turkey or veggie burger over a hamburger any day. But when it comes to this easy crock pot beef stroganoff, I can’t resist!
When I met my husband, he was a single dad with two teenage boys at home. His own version of this recipe was one of his go to meals. I couldn’t believe how fast it would disappear! I’ve since put my own spin on it, and it’s a meal we now enjoy several times a year (especially when the boys visit!)
How to Make Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
The most important ingredient is the beef. Be sure to splurge on quality cuts of beef. I look for eye round steak.
Start by dicing an onion and cutting the steak into strips.
Put the beef in the slow cooker, sprinkle the diced onion on top and season with salt and pepper.
Add the can of soup and the mushrooms.
Season with dried chives, minced garlic, Worceshire sauce and a beef bouillon cube.
Whisk the cooking wine and flour together in a small bowl, and pour it into the crock pot. Close the crock pot, set it to low and let it cook for 7 hours.
Chop the parsley, then add it to the crock pot along with the sour cream.
Stir, close the crock pot and let it cook for another hour.
Serve over egg noodles…it’s so good! The leftovers are amazing, too 🙂
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff With Mushroom Soup
- crock pot
- 1 1/2 lbs eye round steak
- 1 small onion, diced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh curley parsley
- 1 16 ounce bag of egg noodles
- Slice the steak into strips with a sharp knife.
- Put the steak in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the diced onion on top of the steak.
- Add the mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, and water. Season with garlic, chives, Worcestershire sauce, and beef bouillon.
- Whisk together the flour and white cooking wine in a small bowl. Pour over the contents of the crock pot.
- Close the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream and chopped parsley. Cook for 1 more hour.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
My friend Kippi from Kippi at Home has a tasty garlic bread recipe that would make the perfect accompaniment to beef stroganoff.
If you like comfort food, you’ll want to try my Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe, too. It’s another go to recipe that my family enjoys all year long.
If you like soup, try my Mulligatawny Soup Recipe. You can make it with chicken, or as a vegan dish with tofu, chick peas or cashews.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope to see you again soon 🙂