Add some holiday cheer to your living room with these coffee table Christmas decor ideas! Fill a tray full of vintage goodies and add some Christmas decorating books for a cozy and festive look.
It’s time for the Christmas edition of the Celebrate Christmas Home Tours, graciously hosted by Leen from Sand Dollar Lane. This week, you’re invited to tour the homes of 30 talented bloggers! New tours go live each day until Friday. Links to all of the tours are provided at the end of this post. Be sure to stop back and visit them all for plenty of holiday inspiration!
How to Decorate a Coffee Table for Christmas
It’s so fun and easy to decorate a coffee table for Christmas! Just follow these simple steps:
- Start with a large tray to corral your decor. I used a round thrift store aluminum tray.
- Pick a color scheme. This year, I chose metallics and bold colors.
- Search through your stash for Christmas decor in your chosen colors. Make sure to include plenty of vintage items for nostalgia. I spelled out NOEL with vintage children’s blocks and showcased my collection of vintage ornaments.
- Look for items with varying degrees of height for visual interest. I used a bottle brush tree under a cloche and a sparkly pillar candle on a pedestal.
- Arrange the items inside the tray. Try not to overcrowd. You don’t want it to look cluttered, and fewer items will stand out. Move them around until you’re happy with the arrangement.
Don’t forget to place a couple of Christmas related books next to the tray. These are two of my favorites. You’ll still have plenty of room to put your feet up or set down a mug of hot cocoa 😉
I also gave the couch a holiday update with some festive pillows and a plaid throw.
Mardi was happy with the new look! What’s a couch without a little dog hair, am I right?
I hope you found these coffee table Christmas decor ideas helpful! Now it’s time to check out the homes of my blogger friends. Grab a cuppa and enjoy!
All the best,